Spanish Wine Scholar ™
We're proud to offer The Spanish Wine Scholar Course in Barcelona, taught in English. This is the most advanced, comprehensive and internationally recognised course on the wines of Spain. Ideal for wine professionals, Spanish wine enthusiasts and those who want to truly understand Spanish wine. A great addition to your WSET credentials or as a stand-alone qualification!
Click for more info
Who is it for?
- Experienced wine professionals, serious wine enthusiasts and those wishing to specialise in the wines of Spain
- Those working in hospitality industries; particularly useful for restaurant service and yachting professions.
- Anyone looking to advance their career in wine and take their Spanish wine knowledge to a more senior level
What is covered during the course?
- 60 quality wines to taste from across Spain
- All Spanish wine regions and the factors that shape their identities.
- Spanish wine law, grape varieties, viticulture, and winemaking
- Wine industry trends and economics
- How legal structures affect viticulture, wine-making and resulting styles
- Regulations, wine styles and specificities of Spain’s DO’s and DOC’s.
- The history and culture of Spain as a wine country.
How is the Spanish Wine Scholar assessed?
- The exam is given in multiple-choice format. There are 100 questions covering all of the wine regions of Spain. The score required to pass is 75%
- Candidates scoring 85-90% pass with honours. Those scoring 91-100% pass with highest honours.
- You can view the course curriculum here.
- An average of 8-12 wines will be tasted per class with some matching with typical regional foods.
- Study materials will be delivered or can be collected in advance by prior arrangement.
- As this in an internationally recognised wine course, all classes, study material and examinations are in English
Wine Scholar Course
Additional study time:
€850+IVA (@ 21%)
(payment is possible in instalments)
Included in the course fee:
Textbook, online E-learning Modules, examination fee, certificate and all tasting samples.
It is recommended that you have passed our beginner’s Spanish course or WSET Level 2 and/or 3
How to register:
Click on the “Register now” button below, fill out your details and make a payment.