WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
We offer the WSET Level 1 in Barcelona as a beginners’ course (in English and Spanish) intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge of wines. This wine course is ideal for anyone looking to make a first introduction to the world of wine, or who needs a basic familiarity with the main styles of wine in the world for their profession.
Click for more info
Who is it for?
- Beginner’s and enthusiasts looking to gain a solid, introductory knowledge of the main styles of wine of the world
- Those working in hospitality industries; particularly useful for restaurant service and yachting professions.
- Anyone who wants to begin the journey of professional wine knowledge and gain a certified qualification
What is covered during the course?
- The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- The characteristics of the worlds’ main grape varieties
- An introduction to both viticulture (grape-growing) and wine-making
- The correct storage and service of wine
- Health, safety and legal issues
- Food and Wine Pairing
- You must pass a 30 question closed-book multiple choice exam to gain the qualification. The exam takes place on the day of the course.
- You can view the course specification here. Please ensure you have read it fully prior to registering.
- Study materials are received on the day of the course, or can be collected or delivered in advance by prior arrangement.
- This is an English wine course; classes, study material and exams are all in English
Level 1 Course (EN)
1 full day
Additional study time:
Included in the course fee:
Workbook, examination fee, certificate
and all tasting samples.
How to register:
Click on the “Register now” button below, fill out your details and make a payment.
What people say?
Share this page
WSET 1 in Barcelona is a fun wine course for beginners.
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: Rack and Return
Course Provider URL: https://rackandreturn.com/wset-level-1/