WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
We offer the WSET Level 1 in Barcelona as a beginners’ course intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge of wines. It is designed to provide a sound but simple introduction to wine. This wine course is ideal for anyone looking to make a first introduction to the world of wine, or who needs a basic familiarity with the main styles of wine in the world for their profession.
Click for more info
Who is it for?
- Beginner’s and enthusiasts looking to gain a solid, introductory knowledge of the main styles of wine of the world
- Those working in hospitality industries; particularly useful for restaurant service and yachting professions.
- Anyone who wants to begin the journey of professional wine knowledge and gain a certified qualification
What is covered during the course?
- The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- The characteristics of the worlds’ main grape varieties
- An introduction to both viticulture (grape-growing) and wine-making
- The correct storage and service of wine
- Health, safety and legal issues
- Food and Wine Pairing
- Students must pass a 30 question closed-book multiple choice exam to gain the qualification. The exam takes place on the day of the course.
- You can view the course specification here. Please ensure you have read it fully prior to registering.
- Study materials are received on the day of the course, or can be collected in advance by prior arrangement.
Level 1 Course
1 full day, 09.00 – 17.00
Saturday 1st of February 2020
Additional study time:
€190+IVA (@ 21%)
Included in the course fee:
Workbook, examination fee, certificate
and all tasting samples.
Click on the “Register now” button below, fill out your details and make a payment.
10th of January 2020