WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
We offer the WSET Level 3 in Barcelona .This advanced course is designed to give a thorough understanding of the factors that account for the style, quality and price of the principal still, sparkling and fortified wines of the world. The qualification is ideal for anyone required to make professional evaluations of wines with regards to their style, quality and price, serious wine enthusiasts and for those looking to take their wine education and knowledge to a more senior level.
Click for more info
Who is it for?
- Experienced wine professionals, serious wine enthusiasts and those looking to build on the intermediate knowledge gained during their WSET Level 2 Course in Wines
- Those working in hospitality industries; particularly useful for restaurant service and yachting professions.
- Anyone looking to advance their career in wine and take their knowledge to a more senior level
What is covered during the course?
- The WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting; a rigorous, professional tasting system
- Advanced viticulture (grape-growing) and wine-making
- Factors affecting style, quality and price of wines across the world
- How legal structures affect viticulture, wine-making and resulting styles
- A comprehensive look at the wine regions of the world and their major styles
- A detailed coverage of the production and styles of:
- Still wines
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines
- Fortified wines
How is the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines assessed?
- You must pass both parts of a closed-book theory and tasting exam to gain the qualification. The theory exam consists of two parts: a 50 question multiple choice paper and a short written answer paper. The tasting exam consists of a blind tasting and assessment of two wines. The exam takes place on the final day of the course.
- You can view the course specification here. Please ensure you have read it fully prior to registering.
- Study materials will be delivered or must be collected or will be delivered in advance by prior arrangement. This is in order that you can complete the pre-course reading prior to the first day.
Level 3 Course
6 full days from 09.00 – 17.00
Friday 17th – Sunday 19th of January and Friday 7th – Sunday 9th of February 2020
Additional study time:
€945+IVA (@ 21%)
(payment is possible in installments)
Included in the course fee:
Textbook, workbook, examination fee, certificate and all tasting samples.
You must have passed the WSET Level 2 in Wines and Spirits Exam or the online entry test. Get in touch for exceptions.
How to register:
Click on the “Register now” button below, fill out your details and make a payment.
30th of January 2020