WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
We offer the WSET Level 2 Award in Barcelona (in English and Spanish).
This an intermediate course intended for those who have little or no previous knowledge of the broad range of wines in the world. It's designed to be a robust introduction to wine, and is ideal for anyone looking to build on their introductory knowledge or who needs a more in-depth knowledge of wine for their profession.
Click for more info
Who is it for?
- Those with a basic understanding or introductory knowledge of wine and enthusiasts looking to gain a more robust knowledge of the main styles of wine of the world
- Those working in hospitality industries; particularly useful for restaurant service and yachting professions.
- Anyone who wants to gain an intermediate, professional knowledge of the world of wine
What is covered during the course?
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- Viticulture (grape-growing) and wine-making
- Other factors influencing quality and style of wines around the world
- The theory and practical tasting of key, white grape varieties
- The theory and practical tasting of key, black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- The production and styles of sparkling wines
- The production and styles of sweet wines and fortified wines
- Understanding Wine Labels
- Food and Wine Pairing
How is the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines assessed?
- You must pass a 50 question closed-book multiple choice exam to gain the qualification. The exam takes place on the final day of the course.
- You can view the course specification here. Please ensure you have read it fully prior to registering.
- Study materials are received on the first day of the course, or can be delivered or collected in advance by prior arrangement. For intensive courses, we will deliver study packs in advance as full review of the textbook is required before the first day.
- This is an English wine course; classes, study material and exams are all in English.
Level 2 Courses (EN)
3 full days
11th, 12th & 13th February 2022
Additional study time:
Included in the course fee:
Textbook, workbook, examination fee, certificate and all tasting samples.
Click on the “Register now” button below, fill out your details and make a payment.
4th of February 2022
* Shipping outside of the Spain (mainland) comes with extra costs depending on the destination unless you choose the option of an Ebook