Advanced Wine Course
This is a wine course of 6 full days and ideal for serious wine enthusiasts and for those looking to take their wine knowledge to the next level.
Click for more info
Who is it for?
- Experienced wine professionals, serious wine enthusiasts and those looking to build on the intermediate knowledge gained during their WSET Level 2 Course in Wines
- Those working in hospitality industries; particularly useful for restaurant service and yachting professions.
- Anyone looking to advance their career in wine and take their knowledge to a more senior level
What is covered during the course?
- The WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting; a rigorous, professional tasting system
- Advanced viticulture (grape-growing) and wine-making
- Factors affecting style, quality and price of wines across the world
- How legal structures affect viticulture, wine-making and resulting styles
- A comprehensive look at the wine regions of the world and their major styles
- A detailed coverage of the production and styles of:
- Still wines
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines
- Fortified wines
How is this Advanced Course in Wines assessed?
- You must pass both parts of a closed-book theory and tasting exam to gain the qualification. The theory exam consists of two parts: a 50 question multiple choice paper and a short written answer paper. The tasting exam consists of a blind tasting and assessment of two wines. The exam takes place on the final day of the course.
- You can view the course specification here. Please ensure you have read it fully prior to registering.
- Study materials will be delivered or can be collected in advance by prior arrangement.
- This is an English wine course; classes, study material and exams are all in English.
Upcoming Wine Course (EN)
6 full days
12th, 13th, 19th, 20th, 26th, and 27th March 2022
Additional study time:
(payment is possible in 3 instalments)
Included in the course fee:
Textbook, workbook, examination fee, certificate and all tasting samples.
You must have passed the WSET Level 2 in Wines and Spirits Exam or the online entry test. Get in touch for exceptions.
How to register:
Click on the “Register now” button below, fill out your details and make a payment.
10th March 2022
* Shipping outside of the Spain (mainland) comes with extra costs depending on the destination unless you choose the option of an Ebook