Intermediate Wine Course
This is a presential wine course of 3 full days in Barcelona and ideal for anyone with some knowledge of wine or industry professionals.
Click for more info
Who is it for?
- Those with a basic understanding or introductory knowledge of wine and enthusiasts looking to gain a more robust knowledge of the main styles of wine of the world
- Those working in hospitality industries; particularly useful for restaurant service and yachting professions.
- Anyone who wants to gain an intermediate, professional knowledge of the world of wine
What is covered during the course?
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- Viticulture (grape-growing) and wine-making
- Other factors influencing quality and style of wines around the world
- The theory and practical tasting of key, white grape varieties
- The theory and practical tasting of key, black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- The production and styles of sparkling wines
- The production and styles of sweet wines and fortified wines
- Understanding Wine Labels
- Food and Wine Pairing
How is this Intermediate Course in Wines assessed?
- You must pass a 50 question closed-book multiple choice exam to gain the qualification. The exam takes place on the final day of the course.
- You can view the course specification here. Please ensure you have read it fully prior to registering.
- Study materials are received on the first day of the course, or can be delivered or collected in advance by prior arrangement. For intensive courses, we will deliver study packs in advance as full review of the textbook is required before the first day.
- This is an English wine course; classes, study material and exams are all in English.
Upcoming Wine Course (EN)
3 full days
July 16th, 17th, 18th 2021
Additional study time:
Included in the course fee:
Textbook, workbook, examination fee, certificate and all tasting samples.
Click on the “Register now” button below, fill out your details and make a payment.
July 13th 2021
* Shipping outside of the Spain (mainland) comes with extra costs depending on the destination unless you choose the option of an Ebook